Board of Directors Meeting
September 29, 2021
Call To Order: John Lawrence
In absence of our President, Donna called the meeting to order; agenda accepted.
Minutes of last meeting: Donna Carson
Donna submitted that the August 25, 2021 minutes be approved with one amendment that changed the Pembroke line item from 4 culverts to 2 culverts. Motion carried.
Old Business Items: No items carried
Treasurer Report: Linda McHatten
- Linda moved and Brian seconded to approve the treasurer report on the Savings and Chequing. Motion carried.
- Federation office advised that the 2022 trail passes would be sent to Linda next week. Vance also suggested we get some day/week passes. Linda has our new club stickers and ready to be attached to the new trail passes. Linda will put on FaceBook that the stickers are available as well.
- 2022 Rally: June 18th, 2022; Debec Community Park; Debec Fire Department/Search & Rescue; Debec Recreation Council
Donna suggested we set up a preliminary meeting to discuss the June 2022 annual rally. Purpose of the meeting is to scope out the project and set up sub-committees. Meeting at River on Tuesday, October 19th at 6:30.
Trail Report: Brian McHatten
- Current Focus:
Culverts (GasTax) – 2 new culverts have been installed between Debec and Hodgen Road; Pembroke 2 culverts replaced and 2 washouts were repaired.
Pembroke – McKenna Road major washout – pending government repair tentatively June 2022.
Union Corner New trail –
- property has been mostly cleared from the Ridge Road to the Carpenter property located at Union Corner; waiting for Carpenter’s this Fall to bull doze the road across their property to complete this section.
- from the Union Corner Road crossing, possibly two culverts need to be installed and some additional clearing to Flemming’s lower gate is needed; need to be scheduled
- also from Flemming’s gate to Bull Creek Bridge to the turn off to Cecil Grant’s property clearing has been completed
Bradberry Block – this portion of trail has been cleared of trees and rocks.
Bull Creek Bridge (Cecil Grant) – six beavers were removed and a second attempt to remove the beaver dam is pending; also bridge has been levelled.
Grading – grading of (1) Benton to Canterbury and (2) Lindsay to Centerville will be most likely postponed to next Spring due to wet conditions.
Creek Road Bridge – needs to be widen. There was a rain delay and now re-scheduled for 10.09.21.
Correspondence: Donna Carson
- GasTax go forward funding
- AGM – email received to tentatively schedule the 2021 AGM on October 16th in Fredericton
- QUAD NB Board of Directors Meeting: no AGM in 2021; Trail permits 2022 available October 1 at SNB and for local clubs; no change in price of trail permits in 2022.
- Web site upgrade – Donna Carson Discussion was held around the revamping/updating our web site.
- Annual Government Filing – Donna – The 2021-2022 Service New Brunswick annual filing of our club has been submitted.
- GPS Project Completed with DNR: Vance advised that now that our trails have been collected, the Federation will sit down and review the data with our Executive and Trail Manager. At that meeting the data will be reviewed; discussion on looking into any future trails, make sure all landowner agreements are in play, etc. The overall intent is to make sure we are all on the same page now and for any future development.There is also a new signage manual that the Federation Board of Directors have signed off on, with minimal changes.
Next Meeting: October 27, 2021 – Place TBD; 7:00 PM
Meeting Adjourned: Linda moved meeting adjourned.